Friday, November 6, 2015

Foodie's Friday Favorites | Week of Nov 1, 2015

Happy Friday! We've all made it though yet another crazy week. Friday mornings are always rough. You're there, but not quite yet. Gotta get through the next few hours of the work day...then it's the weekend :) Always workin for the weekend.

Anyway, I thought I would start a new weekly series about what I'm liking each week. Foodie's Friday Favorites (see what I did there?).  This will be a short article to send you onto your wonderful weekend with a few of the things that I'm loving at the moment. Maybe it will give you some inspiration to try something new.



I will probably end up doing this series in pictures, but I am not prepared this week.

Food: My favorite food this week was Paleo Chicken Alfredo prepared by my husband! It was a variation of this one from The Domestic Man. Instead of grain-free pasta, he used spaghetti squash. He also doesn't like mushrooms or broccoli, so he omitted those. However, he did use Nom Nom Paleo's Magic Mushroom Powder. I've talked about it before. It's a great spice to add to any meal. It adds incredible flavor. This dinner was delicious. Check it out!

Beauty: My favorite beauty item this week has been The Balm Cosmetics Long-Lasting Lipstick Meet Matt(e) Hughes in the color Adoring. This matte lip color is my absolute favorite that I have tried so far. It's not drying like a lot of lip stains. And the colors are gorgeous. I also have the color Committed. I got so many compliments while wearing Adoring. It's such a fun dark color for fall.

Entertainment: Football. When it's fall, football is my favorite form of entertainment. Gosh I really love watching it, and getting into the games. I'm a major Colts fan. Even though we aren't doing the absolute best this year, I still love watching the games, and cheering my team to victory. I'm an Indiana girl. #BleedBlue I'm also keeping a close eye on the Bengals. I am currently living in Cincinnati. They are 8-0, and the energy in this city is contagious. Keep it up Cincy! #WhoDey

Website: Nerd Alert! I just found Ravelry.com. Every fall I get really into knitting and crafts, because I love making gifts to give for Christmas. This site has a ton of inspiration, patterns, chat forums, etc... to feed my knitting addiction. I'm not the best at knitting (aka a beginner, and that's generous lol), but I feel like this site will help me to the next level. The second website that

Miscellaneous: My miscellaneous favorite this week is the new Ellie Goulding album, Delirium. I bought it on iTunes first thing this morning. Ahhh I mean it is so good. This woman can do no wrong in my eyes. I attended her concert a little over a year ago, and it was one of the best I'd been to. She is amazing live. Such a bad ass female. Delirium just came out today. Go listen now on Spotify!

What are your favorites at the moment? Let me know!

Have a great weekend :)
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF