Thursday, November 12, 2015

Korean Pork Chops Recipe

Can anyone believe the weather right now!? I mean... I live in Ohio, so I guess I can. You just never know around here. We started this morning in the low 60s. It's November! WTH? I'll take this nice weather and football at the same time, anytime.

Speaking of football... GO COLTS! YES. We finally got a win last Sunday. However, tragedy struck a few days ago, when we found out that Andrew Luck will be out for 2-6 weeks due to injury. "Luck"ily ;) we are on a bye this week. Feel better Andrew!! (I'm sure he reads my blog lol)

Today's recipe is one that would be great on the grill. If I would've thought about it before hand, I would've had the hubs fire it up to cook up these pork chops. Have I mentioned I love pork? I found this recipe while searching pinterest, of course, and could not wait to try. It's super simple, with minimal ingredients. Who can beat that on a weeknight!? This pork chop deliciousness comes from Jo Cooks. It looks like some of her recipes are Paleo, and all of the recipes on her site look DELICIOUS. Check it out!




Korean Pork Chops
from Jo Cooks
serves 2

Ingredients

  • 2 bone-in pork chops
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp coconut aminos
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp ginger, minced (I used paste)
  • 1 tsp sriracha
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, honey, garlic, ginger, siracha and sesame oil (if using) Salt and pepper pork chops. then saturate in marinade. Let sit for 20 min in the fridge.
  3. Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops and let cook for about 5 min on one side. Flip to other side and add extra marinade. Let cook for 3-4 min on second side.
  4. If using an oven-safe skillet, transfer the skillet to the oven. If not, transfer the pork chops to an oiled baking sheet. Cook pork chops for about 10 min in the oven, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of about 170 F.
  5. Serve with side of veggies or side of choice!
YUM. Another great way to eat pork!



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF