Thursday, August 27, 2015

Delicious Slow-Cooker Green Chicken Curry

The University of Cincinnati semester has started, and I am back to teaching Piloxing! Gosh, it feels so good to get back into that routine. Group fit is so incredibly fun for me to teach, and I have a great group this year!

With new group fit classes, comes late dinners. My schedule this year is a little later than I've had in the past. It's in kind of an awkward time, where I can come home from work, but I basically have time to change, turn around and leave. So, it's nice to have some crockpot meals ready to go. When I get home from teaching, dinner is ready. I know my muscles are grateful!

This curry had the most amazing flavor. The base of this recipe is from a wonderful paleo recipe blog called Rubies & Radishes. There are some really awesome things on this site. AND, I found that, like most crockpot meals, the leftovers from this meal were even better than the original meal. All of the spices seep into the chicken and veggies, and you're left with a great lunch the next day.


Slow-Cooker Green Chicken Curry
base of recipe from Rubies & Radishes
serves 3-4

Ingredients

  • 1lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
  • 3 medium carrots, chopped
  • 1 c. snap peas, sliced in half
  • 1 medium zucchini, chopped
  • 1/2 a medium red onion, chopped
  • 1 can of full fat coconut milk
  • 3 tbsp green curry paste
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • red pepper flakes to desired spice
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1.   Chop up all of your veggies. I like to do this the night before, and put them in tupperware. This way, they are ready to go in the morning. It saves a lot of time!



2.   Spray the inside of your slow-cooker. Add the coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed well.

3.   Add the veggies and mix a little. Push the chicken down into the curry and sprinkle red pepper flakes (You can always add more at the end).

4.   Cook on low for 6 hours.

Not the best pic, but you get the idea ;)

5.   Remove the chicken and pull apart with forks. Add the chicken back to the pot, season to your liking, and stir until combined.

6.   Serve and enjoy! :)



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF