Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My FAVORITE Pork Chop Recipe

About a year ago I read a book called "It Starts with Food," and did a month-long Whole 30 diet. If you've never heard of this book, its all about what the food we eat does to our bodies. The book describes what foods we should be focusing on, and what foods we should eliminate. It's a really great read. Very informative and inspirational. It will make you want to start eating less processed foods today. The Whole 30 diet has you focus on those real food groups; meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, some fruit, and good fat from nuts, oils and seeds. I highly recommend doing this at some point. It's a great reset for your body, and has helped so many people. Look it up!

Anyway, I discovered my absolute favorite pork chop recipe while doing the Whole 30. It's from the blog Life, Love, and Pursuits of Katie. This recipe is so quick, and there's not many ingredients. I usually pair it with a roasted veggie. Last night, it was brussels sprouts! For this, I usually get the bone-in pork chops from Whole Foods. This time, I used some from Fresh Thyme. They are always so delicious. The bone really gives it some extra flavor. Plus, you can save them for a bone broth! I have a ziplock in the freezer that I keep bones in for later.





See my article about roasting veggies here!

Whole 30 Friendly Pork Chops
adapted from Life, Love, and Pursuit of Katie
makes 4 servings

Ingredients

  • 4 bone in pork chops
  • 4 tbsp almond meal/flour
  • 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, italian seasoning, paprika (I use smoked paprika), salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
Directions

1.   Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit, and spray a small baking pan with coconut oil spray.




2.   Combine the almond meal and spices in a pie dish.


 3.   Heat up the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. While it's getting hot, cover your pork chops in the almond mixture. Making sure to coat it well on both sides.

4.   Place the chops in the pan, and let cook for 3 minutes, without moving them. This is the hard part for me. I'm inpatient and want to check on them. However, if you want the delicious crust on the edges, you will NOT want to move these.


5.   After the 3 minutes, flip to the other side. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Again, not touching the meat.

6.  When the two minutes is up, transfer your pork to the baking dish. Pop in the oven for about 7 minutes, or until they are cooked to an internal temperature of about 160. Take the chops out of the oven and let them sit for a couple minutes before serving.



Pork is now one of my favorite meats. When cooked right, it had incredible flavor. Up next for my pork recipes is Nom Nom Paleo's Kalua Pork! Stay tuned :)

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF