Thursday, February 4, 2016

Deconstructed Beef Samosa

Indian food is for sure one of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to food. I mean it's just SO good. I really have never had a bad experience. I mean, yes, there are places that are better than others. But, I literally don't think I have ever tried an Indian dish and been like "Eww, that doesn't taste good."


So, when I find a healthy version of anything Indian, I get really excited. I found this recipe on Pinterest. It's from My Heart Beets. It was a very fast and simple meal with tons of spice and flavors. I tweaked it a little, and found it very delicious. :)


Deconstructed Beef Samosas
adapted from My Heart Beets
serves 4

Ingredients

  • 3 tbsp ghee
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1/2 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 2 small onions, diced
  • 1 inch ginger, minced
  • 2 tsp coriander powder
  • 2 tsp garam masala
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne
  • 1 c. peas
Directions

1.   Prepare and chop up veggies. I like to do this first, so that everything is ready to throw into the pan.

Yes I'm watching PLL on my phone while cooking :)

2.   Melt 2 tbsp of ghee in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the chopped potatoes and carrots. Fry for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.



3.   Melt the remaining tablespoon of ghee and add the onions. Cook until transparent. Add spices and ginger and mix together.

4.   Add the ground beef to the pan. Cook until the meat is browned and cooked through. Return potatoes and carrots to the pan.


5.   Add the peas and stir everything together. Let cook for about 5 min.


I served mine with some whole grain naan bread. You could also find a recipe for paleo naan and make that! The naan went in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 min. It came out nice and crispy.

Serve everything right away, when it's nice and hot.

Enjoy!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF