Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sweet Potato Noodles with Chicken & Cashew Sauce


You heard right! Sweet potato noodles :) When I was searching for a recipe to utilize my new spiralizer, I saw this beauty of a recipe and stopped dead in my tracks. I mean YUM right!?

The original recipe is from Pinch of Yum. And after looking at her site, I guarantee I'll be back for more recipes soon. They all look pretty delicious.

The Paderno Spiralizer was another awesome gift this Christmas. I've been making my zucchini noodles with a large box grater. It works okay, but this way is super easy. It cuts down on a lot of time and waste. You get a lot more noodles with the spiralizer. I also received the Inspiralized cookbook, so I'll be diving into that soon as well. The spiralizer took a couple tries to get used to, but once I got going, it was AWESOME! I'll be making everything into noodles from now on ;)


Sweet Potato Noodles with Chicken & Cashew Sauce
Adapted from Pinch of Yum
serves 4

Ingredients
  • 1 lb chicken breasts
  • 1 c. raw cashews
  • 3/4 c. water (more for soaking)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 4 large sweet potatoes, spiralized
  • 2 c. baby spinach
  • a handful of fresh basil
  • salt & pepper to taste
Directions

1.   Place the cashews in a small bowl and cover with water. Soak for 2 hours or so. (I soaked mine for 30 min. It worked okay, but the sauce will be much creamier if you soak for longer)


2.   Cook the chicken. I placed mine in the instant pot along with a 1/2 c. of water. Select "Poultry" and add 5 min to make shredding easier. Once the timer goes off, quick release the steam and shred the chicken.
3.   While the cashews are soaking and the chicken cooking, spiralize your potatoes.



4.   Drain the cashews and rinse them. Add them to a blender with salt, garlic and 3/4 c. water. Puree until smooth and creamy. This will make a lot of sauce. You can judge how much you would like to use in this recipe.


5.   Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 6-7 minutes, until they are tender-crisp. Remove from heat and add the spinach. Toss to combine and wilt the spinach leaves. 



6.   Add the herbs. chicken and sauce to the pan. Toss to combine and serve immediately.




Enjoy! 

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF