Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekend Camping / Mediterranean Dip Recipe

This weekend, I went camping with a lot of my TIU (Tone It Up) Ohio sisters. We were wary about the weather, but we ended up having a blast! We went hiking, ate healthy food and talked around the campfire. It is so nice to be able to instantly connect with people, and just have a really great time. We stayed at Hueston Woods in College Corner, OH. I would definitely go back. The woods were beautiful.












We all brought something yummy for the trip. I brought a couple things to snack on throughout the day. I hulled a couple pounds of fresh strawberries, and bought some pineapple and cantaloupe as well. In addition to the fruit, I threw together a Mediterranean 5 Layer Hummus Dip from Dashing Dish. You can find her site on my list. It was seriously one of the easiest sides to throw together, and it was a hit! I brought along some Artisan Nut Thins  and Pita Chips to go with the spread, and those were delicious as well. This dip is perfect for any get together or pot luck. Or... just whip some up for yourself for the week! The recipe is below!

Mediterranean 5 Layer Hummus Dip
from Dashing Dish

Ingredients

  • 1lb Hummus (family size or two 8oz containers)
  • 1 large Red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 English cucumber, diced
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (I used cherry tomatoes, that I cut into fourths)
  • 1/3 c. Feta cheese, crumbled (I used this one)
  • 2 tbsp parsley chopped
  • 1/4 c. chopped black olives
Directions

1.   Chop all of the veggies, and prepare them for the dip. I diced them up pretty small, so that they would easily fit on a cracker or chip.

2.   In an 8-9 inch round (or square) serving dish, spread the hummus evenly on the bottom of the dish.


3.   Start by layering the vegetables. I started with the red peppers. Then I layered the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta and finished with the parsley.




It's as simple as that! It makes for a beautiful dish. Mine would have been even more beautiful, if I didn't have to use a plastic container haha.




I'm open for suggestions as to recipes to feature and put together! Let me know what you're hungry for. Until next time... :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF